703-242-4020; TTY 711 or 703-324-8365
Oakton Library, which contains approximately 65,000 volumes, opened in September 2007. The 17,304 square-foot library boasts a silver-rating certification under the Leadership Energy in Environmental Design program, and received certification as a backyard habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. Its energy-efficient design includes low-flow toilets; a roof that cools the building in the summer and heats it in the winter; and maximized natural light to help cut cooling and electric costs.
The library serves not only as a resource for books, but also as a comfortable study location. Patrons may opt to reserve the group study room, bury themselves in books in the quiet room or spread out their work on tables in the open area in the middle of the library. Nonprofits may reserve the meeting room for nonprofit purposes.
- Hours: Mon, 10am - 6pm; Tue, 1pm - 9pm; Wed, 10am - 6pm; Thu, 1pm - 9pm; Fri, 10am - 6pm; Sat, 10am - 5pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp to the entrance. The library is on one floor.
- Founding Date: Sep 29 2007
- Parking: Free lot
- Size of collection: 65,000
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases
- Internet use policy: www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/services/fcplacptuse.htm
- Programs/classes: Preschool story times and book discussion groups
- Wi-Fi: Free