It was a tough Saturday for Flint Hill School's sports teams.
The boys basketball team lost in overtime to Bishop Ireton with a final score of 70-56.
"Flint Hill used a 19-8 run in the second half to erase a double-digit deficit and force overtime," Coach Rico Reed said. "Bishop Ireton scored first in overtime and led the rest of the way. Junior Britton Anderson and Sophomore Damien Jones scored 16 and 10 points respectively. Cole Herdman collected 8 rebounds on defense."
The team returns to the floor at 6 p.m. Tuesday for its first conference game against St. Andrews.
Both the boys and the girls swim teams lost in their meets against St. Alban's and National Cathedral School.
The boys lost 97-73 against St. Alban's, and the girls fell 87-72 agains NCS, but the Huskies had 10 event wins at the meet.
On the boys' side:
- Senior Captain Jonah Chang won the 200 IM and 100 butterfly
- Senior Captain Zach Thornburg won the 50 freestyle
- Junior Captain Eric Tang won the 500 freestyle
- Team of Tang, Thornburg, Chang and Junior Tristan Timblin won both the 200 medley relay and 200 freestyle relay.
On the girls' side:
- Senior Captain Natalie Brendsel won the 50 freestyle and 100 backstroke
- Senior Captain Rachel Swarts won the 200 IM
- Freshman Lauren Freeman won the 500 free.
Keep up to date with all sports news by subscribing to Oakton Patch's free daily newsletter.