With a 41-27 victory over Bishop Ireton, the Flint Hill football team now boasts a winning record of 3-2.
The Huskies continue to turn around their 0-2 start to the season, this week using a balanced offensive attack with success.
Connor Chess opened scoring for the Huskies with 80-yard touchdown run, which Ben Kase followed with an 86-yard kickoff return for a touchdown later in the first quarter.
Chess built on the Huskies' lead with two more touchdowns in the third and fourth quarter with 3- and 1-yard runs. Chess led the Huskies in rushing with 132 yards. The Huskies totaled 235 rushing yards.
But the Huskies also used their passing game against the Cardinals, with Stevie Peterson passing for 128 yards, including two 9-yard passes to Cole Herdman for touchdowns.
The Huskies will host St. James at 2:30 p.m. Saturday for its Homecoming game.
- Stevie Peterson: 11/13 for 128 yards – 2 TDs
- Connor Chess: 15 carries 132 yards – 3 TDs
- Cam Vaughn: 8 carries 20 yards
- Stevie Peterson: 8 carries 29 yards
- Jerrod Reed: 5 carries for 46 yards
- Matt Robinson: 2 carries for 8 yards
- Ben Kase: 3 catches for 55 yards
- Cole Herdman: 3 catches for 28 yards – 2 TDs
- Jonny Howard: 2 catches for 20 yards
- DJ Jones: 1 catch for 13 yards
- Jerrod Reed: 1 catch for 9 yards
- JJ Becker: 1 catch for 3 yards
- Stevie Peterson: 5/5 extra points
- Cole Herdman: 14 total tackles (5 Solo)
- Connor Chess: interception, 3 deflected passses, 7 total tackles (3 Solo)
- Ben Kase: 9 total tackles
This article has been corrected to show the final score as 41-27.