A dozen student athletes committed to play after high school graduation at a special signing ceremony at Flint Hill School Tuesday.
Athletes from eight different sports gathered with their coaches and school officials to publicize strong high school careers and the commitments.
“We are proud to recognize these student-athletes who have the opportunity to continue their passion for their sport at the collegiate level. These achievements reflect their commitment and hard work both in athletics as well as in the classroom. We wish these individuals the best and know that they will continue to represent Flint Hill well in everything they do,” said Athletic Director Steve Henry.
Here's a list of athletes and their schools:
- Ansley Gibson, Women’s Lacrosse, Denison University
- Ben Kase, Football, Davidson College
- Kasey Kettle, Men’s Lacrosse, Virginia Military Institute
- Kody Kettle, Men’s Lacrosse, Gordon College
- Natalie Lyon, Volleyball, Mount Holyoke College
- Ricardo Manosalvas, Boys’ Soccer, Lynchburg College
- Haley McClure, Volleyball, Morgan State University
- Blake McGinley, Men’s Tennis, Occidental College
- Stevie Peterson, Football and Men’s Lacrosse, St. Lawrence University
- Becca Ploetz, Volleyball, Connecticut College
- Rachel Swarts, Women’s Swimming, The University of Pennsylvania
- Marlo Sweatman, Women’s Soccer, Florida State University
"It is always exciting to see our students' dreams of playing sports in college become a reality,” said Flint Hill headmaster John Thomas. “Working alongside our outstanding staff of coaches, their tenacity, determination and grit have earned them these opportunities, and we look forward to following their college careers in the years ahead."
Full photo caption: Front row (L to R): Natalie Lyon, Marlo Sweatman, Ansley Gibson, Hannah Donegan, Rachel Swarts, Becca Ploetz, Haley McClure. Middle row (L to R): Volleyball Coach Carrol Anderson, Girls' Soccer Coach Stephanie Hulke, Blake McGinley, Ricardo Manosalvas, Swimming Coach Ellen MacGregor, Kasey Kettle, Kody Kettle, Boys' Soccer Coach Chris Brown. Back row (L to R): Football Coach Tom Verbanic, Tennis Coach Steve Spratt, Ben Kase, Boys' Lacrosse Coach Adam Rice, Girls' Lacrosse Coach Justin Fitzgerald