The Department of Cable and Consumer Services, in partnership with the Board of Supervisors, has introduced a new online streaming media solution to view Board of Supervisors meetings on demand, according to a release from Fairfax County.
Using technology from streaming media content provider Granicus, viewers can now keyword search and navigate directly to specific Board meeting agenda items. The video link launches a split-screen window, with video and options to the left and the meeting agenda to the right. By clicking on an individual agenda item, the video will jump to that portion of the meeting.
"Board meeting information is now more accessible. You can watch Board coverage anywhere you usually watch video - on Channel 16, a computer, iPhone, iPad or Android device," said Michael S. Liberman, director, Department of Cable and Consumer Services, in a news release. "We will continue to look for opportunities to reach out to more viewers."
- On Demand Video of all 2013 and 2012 Board meetings is available online.
- Dozens of video on demand programs are available online and on Cox Cable Channel 16.
- In addition to video, Board of Supervisors meeting materials are archived.
- Materials include the meeting summary, podcast audio, news and board presentations.
- Additional short-form videos are available on the county's YouTube channel.
For more information about county video streaming, contact the Communications Productions Division at (703) 324-5930.