.

Units Put Out Oakton Fire on Hunter Mill Road

Dryer fire at Sunrise Senior Living at 2863 Hunter Mill Road is now out, officials say.

A fire reported Thursday afternoon on the second story of a building on Hunter Mill Road in Oakton is now out, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department officials say.

Spokesman Dan Schmidt said units received a call about the blaze around 1:43 p.m. The second-story fire was put out quickly upon arrival, he said.

The fire began in a dryer at Sunrise Senior Living, an independent and assisted living facility for senior citizens. 

The address is also home to other businesses, including Nahal S. Lajevardi, PT‎, and Rehab Management Inc.

Patch will update this story as more information becomes available.

Stay up to date on all police and fire news in Oakton with our breaking email newsletters.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »