Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive.
For the week ending Oct. 3, there were four major incidents, 16 larcenies and three vehicle thefts included in the Fair Oaks District Activity Report. Fair Oaks District encompasses Oakton.
Major Incidents — Fair Oaks District
Peeping: 12200 Pender Creek Circle, 9/27/12, 2:30 a.m. The victims reported they saw someone looking into their bedroom. The victims were able to surprise the suspect and strike the suspect with a crutch. The suspect fled.
Suspicious Event: 11300 block of Aristotle Drive, 9/29/12, 12:30 a.m. Before a traffic stop was initiated on a suspicious vehicle, the driver parked the vehicle, left it running and fled on foot. While officers were towing the vehicle, a robbery victim came forward accusing the man who fled. The victim was able to describe his property which was in the vehicle. It was returned to him.
Assault: 13000 block of Fair Lakes Shopping Center, 10/2/12, 1:25 a.m. The victim reported he was shot by an “air soft” BB-style gun while working at the shopping center. The victim could not provide any description of the suspect. The victim received minor injuries.
Burglary, 4200 block of Hunt Club Circle, 10/2/12, 4:45 p.m. A resident reported someone entered her home and stole jewelry and a laptop computer. Entry was made through an unlocked front door.
- 11700 Fair Oaks Shopping Center, cell phone from business
- 4100 Fountainside Lane, four tires from vehicle
- 3700 Joseph Siewick Drive, prescription drugs from business
- 12300 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, cell phone from vehicle
- 12300 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, personal items from suitcase
- 9600 Masterworks Drive, jewelry from residence
- 3900 Maximillian Court, cell phone from business
- 13600 McLearen Road, basketball from residence
- 4400 Middle Ridge Drive, two backpacks from residence
- 12700 Shoppes Lane, purse from business
- 4700 West Ox Road, tools from business
- 4700 West Ox Road, purse from business
- 3300 Willow Crescent Drive, camera and wedding ring from residence
- 3300 Willow Crescent Drive, purse, duffel bag and wallet from vehicle
- 3300 Willow Crescent Drive, cash from residence
- 2700 Willow Drive, medication from residence
- 3300 Hickory Grove Court, 2009 Yamaha motorcycle
- Oak Plank Court/Platen Drive, Toyota Tacoma
- 3100 Summit Square Drive, Honda 600RR motorcycle
Animal Control Division — Countywide
Animal Bite: 3900 block of Mariposa Place, 9/30/12, 4:45 p.m. Animal Control officers investigated an alleged dog bite where the victim reported she was bit by a dog running at large. The 5-year-old Pit Bull Terrier was routinely quarantined.
The following Oakton resident was included in Fairfax County Police's weekly log released Oct. 4. The name was taken from the list Fairfax County Police publishes weekly of those arrested in Fairfax County. An arrest not indicate a conviction.Name Age Date of Incident Charge Description Epperson, Robert Horton 50 9/26/12 Hunting or Discharge of Firearms in Certain Places Epperson, Robert Horton 50 9/26/12 Discharge Firearm, Missile in/at Unocc. School Jones, Caitlin Rebecca 29 9/27/12 Reck Dr: Generally, Endanger Life/Limb/Property
Have a question regarding police matters? Submit a question for our new feature, Ask an Officer. Click here for more information.