Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive.
For the week ending March 28, there were seven larcenies included in the Fair Oaks District Activity Report. Fair Oaks District encompasses Oakton.
- 12000 Fair Oaks Shopping Center, wallet from business
- 3900 Fair Ridge Drive, computer from business
- 12300 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, wallet from business
- 12300 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, cell phone from business
- 4200 Mayport Lane, chainsaws from vehicle
- 12100 Monument Drive, wallet from business
- 10400 White Granite Court, wallet from business
Animal Control Division — Countywide
- Maltreat Animal: 5000 block of Harford Lane, 3/23/12, 3 p.m. Animal Control Officers responded for a Springer Spaniel/Labrador mix dog and her puppies not being fed or watered and living in filth. The owner, Gerard K. Thompson, 21, of Burke was charged with being an unfit owner, unsanitary conditions, no county animal license, and no proof of rabies vaccination. All the dogs were checked by a veterinarian prior to going to the animal shelter.
- Maltreat Animal: 14600 block of Summer Court, 3/24/12, 2 p.m. Animal Control Officers were called to check on a German Shepherd mix who was tethered to front railing. The dog was seized due to inadequate shelter and the condition of the dog. A petition was being sought for unfit owner.
The following Oakton residents were included in Fairfax County Police's weekly log released March 29. The names were taken from the list Fairfax County Police publishes weekly of those arrested in Fairfax County. An arrest not indicate a conviction.Name (Age) Address Date of Incident Charge Description Clyne, Connor Hagan (18) 2692 Mattox Creek, Oakton 3/25/12 Alcohol: Purch/Possess by Person <21y Gamrasni, Ivan Gustav (18) 2811 Rifle Ridge, Oakton 3/25/12 Alcohol: Purch/Possess by Person <21y