Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive.
For the week ending Aug. 15, there were four major incidents, eight larcenies and two vehicle thefts included in the Fair Oaks District Activity Report. Fair Oaks District encompasses Oakton.
Major Incidents — Fair Oaks
Burglary: 13900 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, 8/8/12, 9:30 a.m. Employees reported cash missing from the cash register upon opening the store. No signs of forced entry.
Burglary: 13600 block of Saint Johns Wood Place, 8/10/12, 11:55 p.m. Homeowner reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. Entry was made by kicking in a rear door.
Burglary: 13300 block of Hollinger Avenue, 8/12/12, 12:23 p.m. residents reported that someone entered their home through an unlocked rear door and stole an iPod, an iPad and a Playstation game system.
Burglary: 12100 block of Goldenchain Court, 8/12/12, 10:30 p.m. Homeowners reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. No signs of forced entry.
- 4200 block of Birney Lane, license plate from vehicle
- 3100 block of Draper Drive, cell phone from business
- 11100 block of Lee Highway, cell phone from business
- 4000 block of Majestic Lane, beer from business
- 4100 block of Meadow Hill Lane, debit card from residence
- 13900 block of Metrotech Drive, beers from business
- 3500 block of Plum Dale, bicycle from residence
- 13300 block of Tannery Court, tools from vehicle
- 13100 block of Autumn Woods Way, Yamaha R6 motorcycle
- 13000 block of Lakes Shopping Center, 2011 Ford van
Animal Control Division — Countywide
Animal Welfare: 6700 block of Haycock Road, 8/12/12, 1:56 p.m. Animal Control Officers responded to check on the welfare of numerous dogs and the house. The resident was issued 11 summonses for having unlicensed dogs at the address.
The following Oakton resident was included in Fairfax County Police's weekly log released Aug. 15. The name was taken from the list Fairfax County Police publishes weekly of those arrested in Fairfax County. An arrest not indicate a conviction.Name Age Date of Incident Charge Description 22 8/11/12 Drugs: Marijuana, Manufacture for Other Drugs: Distrib/PWI Marijuana >1/2 oz. to 5 lbs. Burglary: Enter Bldg to Commit Larceny/A&B/Etc Assault: (Misdemeanor) 33 7/31/12 Embezzlement: >$200 Embezzlement: >$200
Have a question regarding police matters? Submit a question for our new feature, Ask an Officer. Click here for more information.