Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive.
For the week ending Aug. 22, there were 11 larcenies and one major incident included in the Fair Oaks District Activity Report. Fair Oaks District encompasses Oakton.
Major Incidents — Fair Oaks
Burglary: 12800 block of Mount Royal Lane, 8/22/12, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole prescription drugs. Location of entry could not be identified.
- 3900 block of Centreville Road, merchandise from business
- 4100 block of Fairfax Center, sunglasses from vehicle
- 3800 block of Fairfax Ridge Road, license plate from vehicle
- 11700 block of Fair Oaks Shopping Center, wallet from business
- 4600 block of Fair Valley Drive, rear license plate from vehicle
- 12300 block of Field Lark Court, bicycle from residence
- 11900 block of Glen Alden Road, four tires from vehicle
- 4000 block of Kings Way, three air conditioner units from business
- 3000 block of Regents Tower Street, two bicycles from residence
- 13800 block of Sunrise Valley Drive, laptop computer from residence
- 11200 block of Waples Mill Road, wallet from business
Animal Control Division — Countywide
Rabies Vector: 5500 block of Willow Valley Road, 8/16/12, 8:30 a.m. Animal Control officers were called following a fight between a dog and a skunk. The German Shorthaird Pointer is kept outside and killed the skunk. The skunk will be tested for rabies. The dog received a booster shot and not injured.
Maltreat Animal: 8100 block of Colony Point Road, 8/17/12, 2:40 p.m. Animal Control officers took charge of a brown/white Pit Bull mix dog. The dog was left attached to pole with food and water, and, following several attempts, the owner could not be found.
Animal Service: 1100 block of Cedrus Lane, 8/18/12, 4:20 p.m. A dog owner called to report two of his dogs fought a raccoon. The owner killed the raccoon. The two Rat Terriers were not injured and routinely quarantined. Animal Control officers took the raccoon for rabies testing.
Cruelty to Animal: 11800 block of Spectrum Center, 8/21/12, 4:15 a.m. Animal Control officers were alerted to a young American Pit Bull tied to a sign in front of a store. The owner could not be identified and the dog was taken to the shelter.
Have a question regarding police matters? Submit a question for our new feature, Ask an Officer. Click here for more information.