Before Oakton Patch launched in September 2010, we created a directory of every local business (see our Places page).
Your business directory listing is a free web space for you to build your brand and connect with local consumers. But, in order to make your listing work for your business, it's critical that you "claim it."
By claiming a listing, you can:
- Upload photos of your business;
- Link to Facebook and Twitter accounts;
- Upload or link out to items like restaurant menus or inventory; and
- Post announcements about sales and new products.
Your listing gives your business a voice on Patch. And, if you're an active user, your friends, neighbors and potential new customers get a better sense of who you are, what your business offers and what your community means to you.
As our readers and your customers see your business name interacting on the site, you build credibility, establish a personality behind your brand and make an impression in your customers' minds. You can also link to your listing from your social media accounts.
Claiming your listing is free. Here's how you do it:
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR LISTING:
- Visit your local Patch site. If you're already a user, make sure you log in first.
- Click on the "Places" tab at the top of the page.
- Search for your business/organization and click on it.
- Scroll half down the page to where it says, "Do you own or manage this location? Claim it!" Click on "Claim It."
- Login and complete the four-question form providing all necessary information to expedite your claim.
- We take claiming very seriously, so please allow 3 to 5 business days for us to evaluate and approve your claim. You will be notified via email once it is approved.
Just to give you thanks for claiming the listings we've created for you, you can be eligible for specialized advertising rates and we'll invite you to our upcoming events geared to the business community and how you can make the web work for you.
Need help or want more information? Contact:
- Nicole Trifone, Oakton Patch Local Editor, at email@example.com, 571-969-9871, or
- Kristin Gundersen, Advertising Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-209-4061.
If you can't find your business in our directory, email email@example.com, and we will get to work on creating a listing for your business immediately.