Updated 8:17 a.m.:
Fairfax County officials released the following closure information:
• Fairfax County Government offices are open, Friday 1/3/2014 , however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
• Fairfax County Public Schools are closed, Friday 1/3/2014. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
• The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court have not yet made a decision on operating status.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
• If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
• For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
• The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
• Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
• For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
• Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
To report an outage to Dominion Virginia Power or check the status of an outage, click here or call 866-DOM-HELP (866-366-4357).