- Temperatures will reach a high of 82 degrees today with mostly sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service forecast.
- The Oakton-Fairfax Alliance Against Gun Violence group will meet at 7:30 p.m. today at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax, 2709 Hunter Mill Road, room No. 1. More details.
- Coming up this weekend: The American Association of University Women is hosting an informational open house from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday at the Oakton Library on 10304 Lynnhaven Place. More details.
- Back-to-school nights for Fairfax County Public School students take place starting next week. View a complete schedule.
- Are you a history buff? You may want to check out the Sully Historic Site, which will be open to the public for free on September 14 and September 15 as part of a larger initiative to allow the public to visit Virginia's historic homes at no cost. More details.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something