Football: Huskies Continue Win Streak
Flint Hill notches 62-21 victory over Maret
The Flint Hill football team posted another dominant victory Saturday, defeating Maret 62-21 for its fifth straight win.
The Huskies jumped to a healthy lead early, scoring three touchdowns in the first quarter — a 19-yard run from Connor Chess, 27-yard run from Cameron Vaughn and a 12-yard pass from Stevie Peterson to Cole Herdman.
Jerrod Reed added a 3-yard touchdown run in the second quarter before the Frogs posted their first points. After Vaughn ran in his second touchdown of the day, the Frogs scored again. But the Huskies added two more touchdowns — a 75-yard interception return from Basil Nkenchor and 16-yard reception from Ben Kase to put the score at 49-21 heading into halftime.
The momentum slowed in the second half, with the Huskies adding two more touchdowns — on 49- and 2-yard runs from Vaughn and Justin Saleh, respectively. The Frogs posted one more touchdown for the last points of the game to put the final score at 62-21.
Peterson kicked all seven of his extra-point attempts successfully. Kody Kettle went 1 for 2 in extra point attempts, the second of which was blocked by the Frogs' defense.
Vaughn led the Huskies with 138 rushing yards and three touchdowns on 11 carries. Peterson completed four of six passes for 77 yards and two touchdowns.
In its next matchup, the Huskies will host Sidwell Friends at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
Huskies' Game Statistics
- Stevie Peterson: 4/6, 77 yards, 2 TDs
- Cam Vaughn, 11 carries for 138 yards – 3 TDs
- Connor Chess, 4 carries for 74 yards – 1 TD
- Jerrod Reed, 3 carries for 26 yards – 1 TD
- Justin Saleh, 1 carry for 1 yard – 1 TD
- Danny Smith, 9 carries for 58 yards
- Simuel Jamsion, 4 carries for 14 yards
- Tony Fortkort, 1 carry for 9 yards
- Tommy Shumway, 1 carry for 4 yards
- Grant Jenkins, 2 carries for 3 yards
- Stevie Peterson, 1 carry for 2 yards
Total: 37 carries for 329 yards – 6 TDs
- J.J. Becker, 1 catch for 33 yards
- Ben Kase, 1 catch for 16 yards – 1 TD
- D.J. Jones, 1 catch for 16 yards
- Cole Herdman, 1 catch for 12 yards – 1 TD
Total 4 catches for 77 yards – 2 TDs
- Ben Kase, 4 tackles, 2 INTs
- Basil Nkenchor, 1 tackle, 1 INT (ret for TD)
- DJ Jones, 1 sack, 2 tackles 1 INT
- Tony Fortkort, 1 tackle, 1 int
- Connor Chess, 4 tackles, 1 forced fumble
- Cole Herdman, 5 tackles, 1 forced fumble
- FHS Defense forced 7 turnovers